18 October 2017

And now, Introducing Rosemary’s Comber Brush

via SKETCHtaro http://ift.tt/2kY2HGg

The second interesting brush Rosemary offered me, was their Series 2250 Flat Comber.

The gimmick here is, we have a flat, with tiny serrations along the edge. Giving you rake-like marks – a series of parallel lines.

Rosemary and Co Series 2250 Flat Comber (3)

Rosemary and Co Series 2250 Flat Comber (1)I do this with a pointed round by grinding the brush into the palette so that the tip splays out into a jagged fan. But that’s kind of a grim way to handle your brushes. It’s nice that Rosemary’s created this serrated flat, to give you a similar effect.

It’s a “Golden Synthetic” – which I can only assume is a kind of nylon. So it’s not a soft brush, or exceptionally thirsty. But, you wouldn’t want that, as it’s made for this kind of dry brushing.

I was using the Comber in combination with the Pyramid Brush. They do seem complimentary. Both brushes offering a unique kind of mark making. Supporting a calligraphic kind of drawing.

Or at least, that’s what comes naturally to me, when you give me these tools :)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment