07 June 2013

Rabbit's Cottage - New Watercolour

Repost: Mythwood - The Art of Larry MacDougall, Larry MacDougall, http://mythwood.blogspot.com/2013/06/rabbits-cabbage-patch-new-watercolour.html






Yes, this is a new watercolour, but it is also a reworking of a picture I made about a year ago that I called Rabbit's Garden. At that time, when I painted Rabbit's Garden, I also started this one which is about twice the size. I wasn't sure which one was going to work but I was curious to see if I could get this larger version off the ground. However I felt at the time that the smaller one was looking stronger so I completed it and put this one away. I recently pulled it out again and felt as though I was now ready to pick up where I left off with it.



For the past year or so I have been working through the most horrendous creative block. You've probably noticed posts going up and coming down as I search for a path out of this wilderness and try to get around whatever it is that's keeping me from moving forward. I feel, for now at least, as though completing this picture is a step in the right direction.



Thanks for bearing with me.



More soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment