04 December 2014

5 Steps to a Magazine Feature of You and Your Art

via Art Biz Blog http://ift.tt/1FSeXIw



The November 2014 / January 2015 edition of Professional Artist magazine features an article by me titled “Think Before You Leap: Beware of People Who Tell You to Follow Your Passion.”


The editor suggested photos of artists at work to accompany the article and I knew exactly who to contact: ceramic artist Patricia Griffin.



Patricia Griffin in her studio. Photo by Debbie Markham.


Patricia is a member of my Art Biz Incubator and I receive her newsletter.


Months ago she sent an email with gorgeous photos of her in the studio. I complimented her on the images and she told me that she had hired a professional photographer to take photos of her in the studio. It showed.


Patricia’s photos were so engaging that they stood out among the hundreds of emails I see from artists. I remembered


Continue Reading...


No comments:

Post a Comment