19 November 2013

Another Look at Robert Heindel

Recently I came across this series of illustrations Robert Heindel painted for Reader's Digest Condensed Books in 1970. I've modified the layout of the first spread because I really wanted to include that fantastic title typeface, so typical of typography of the early '70s.



Heindel51



This group of illustrations really knocked me out. Heindel's technique on this series leaves an impression of both old and new styles of picture making.



Heindel52



The juxtaposition is quite remarkable. I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like it.



Heindel53



Heindel58



Heindel56



I only wish we could see this magnificent series under better printing circumstances. I'll bet the originals would be beyond belief.



Heindel55



Heindel57



Heindel54



Robert Heindel has previously been the subject of a week of posts on the TI blog. If you'd like to see more of his work and read about his career, just click on these links:



Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5






via Today's Inspiration http://todaysinspiration.blogspot.com/2013/11/another-look-at-robert-heindel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment