02 April 2013

New Project: Zodiac


It has been a while since I’ve done a solid series of work. I’ve done the Zodiac calendar before and it has always been a project I’ve wanted to revisit. I had another idea for a project and as I researched and started drawing it out, I realized that it would work even better as a Zodiac calendar done in a series of twelve pieces. These pieces focus mainly on the idea of the constellations.


I’ve always been a stargazer, so drawing stars is perfect for me. I’ve also been experimenting with a lot of digital layers techniques which are employed in the series. I’ll do a post for every three pieces and expand on the techniques and ideas behind the series. For now, here are the first three. Above is Leo.



Gemini



Aries


Also, what kind of introduction would this be without showing some sketches?



Stay tuned for more!






via The Blog of artist Chris Koehler chris http://chriskoehler.com/blog/new-project-zodiac/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=new-project-zodiac

No comments:

Post a Comment